|Michigan House of Representatives District 72|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University|
Yonker has worked for Wycliffe Bible Translators.
Yonker graduated from Michigan State University College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and the Institute of Agricultural Technology.
Yonker's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Supporting A Stronger Economic Strategy
- Excerpt:"Voted for a gimmick-free state budget that boldly eliminated $1.7 billion in government spending while paying off long-term debt."
Leading Government Reform Efforts
- Excerpt:"Sponsored teacher tenure reforms that ensure the best teachers are finding their way into our children’s classrooms."
Fighting For Our Values & Our Future
- Excerpt:"Voted to stop domestic partner benefits for state workers."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Yonker has been appointed to these committees:
Yonker ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 7. The general election is November 6.
Yonker won election to the District 72 Seat in 2010. He defeated Frederick Fleischmann and Eric Larson in the August 3 Republican primary. He defeated Brian Bosak (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 72 General election (2010)|
|Ken Yonker (R)||24,801|
|Brian Bosak (D)||9,219|
|William Wenzel (L)||908|
In 2010, Yonker raised $29,968 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Michigan Farm Bureau||$5,000|
|Michigan Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|Michigan Chamber Of Commerce||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ken + Yonker + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Ken+Yonker+Michigan+Legislature&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Ken Yonker News Feed
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Ken Yonker received a 69% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Yonker and his wife Amy have four children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010