|New York State Assembly District 117|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York at Plattsburgh|
Blankenbush served in the U.S. Air Force from 1968 to 1976 and was deployed in Vietnam. After that, he began a career in the insurance industry where he became a branch manager for Metropolitan Life Insurance before leaving to start his own company, BEL Associates. He has been a town councilman for the Town of LeRay and a member of the Jefferson County Board of Legislators.
Blankenbush earned his B.S. in History from SUNY Plattsburgh. He and his wife Sheila have two children and six grandchildren.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Blankenbush served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York State Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly
- Small Business Committee, New York State Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York State Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Blankenbush ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 117. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 117, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kenneth Blankenbush Incumbent||100%||32,992|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 122 2010|
|Kenneth Blankenbush (R)||16,197|
|Brian McGrath (D)||13,356|
In 2010, Blankenbush raised a total of $88,069 in campaign contributions.
His four largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Republican Assembly Campaign Cmte of New York||$13,000|
|Rent Stabilization Association||$3,800|
|St Lawrence Republican Cmte||$3,000|
Blankenbush and his wife Sheila have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Kenneth + Blankenbush + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Marc Butler (R)
|New York Assembly District 117
| Succeeded by|
|New York Assembly District 122
| Succeeded by|
Clifford Crouch (R)