|Michigan House of Representatives District 94|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Saginaw County commissioner|
- 1 Previous offices held
- 2 Voting record
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Campaign contributions
- 7 Recent news
- 8 Scorecards
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Rep. Horn graduated from Concordia University with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice. Horn is a first-generation American who is married to wife, Veronica. They have two children.
Previous offices held
Horn was a Saginaw County commissioner for 14 years.
Key votes of 2009-2010
- Click below to see how this representative voted.
- Super Speedway, Lawmakers voting on whether TO EXTEND A SPECIAL TAX PERK for a super speedway.
- Driver Responsibility Fees, Lawmakers voting on whether TO IMPOSE 'driver responsibility fees.'
- Crony Capitalism, Lawmakers voting on whether TO RESTRICT THE RIGHT of shareholders to sell their own stock.
- Right to Work, Lawmakers voting on an amendment SUPPORTING RIGHT-TO-WORK zones.
- Dept. of State Cost-Saving, Lawmakers voting on whether TO SLOW DOWN PROGRESS ON THE SECRETARY OF STATE'S COST-SAVING CONSOLIDATION PLAN.
- Golf Carts, Lawmakers voting on whether TO SUBSIDIZE the production of electric vehicle batteries.
- Home Court Disadvantage, Lawmakers voting on whether TO GIVE MORE TAXING POWER to local government in Kalamazoo so it can finance a taxpayer-subsidized sports arena.
- Fire Safe Cigarettes, Lawmakers voting on whether TO BAN the sale of cigarettes that are not "fire safe."
- Balancing Act, Lawmakers voting on a budget to CUT REVENUE SHARING PAYMENTS to local governments as a way to balance the state budget without raising taxes.
- Balancing Act 2, Lawmakers voting on a cut of less than 3 percent to K-12 school aid payments so as to balance the state budget without tax increases.
- A Good Tax Gone Bad?, Lawmakers voting on the Michigan Business Tax.
- It’s From the Children, Lawmakers voting on whether to RAID $90 MILLION from the Michigan Higher Education Student Loan Authority.
- Left Behind, Lawmakers voting on whether TO FINANCE "No Worker Left Behind" with a 59.9 percent increase in general fund spending in the 2009 DELEG budget.
- First Class Schools, Lawmakers voting on whether to keep Detroit Public Schools' "first class" status even though the district no longer meets the population standard.
- Politically Correct Capitalism, Lawmakers voting on whether to INCREASE SUBSIDIES for plug-in traction battery packs used in electric cars.
- Politically Correct Capitalism 2, Lawmakers voting on whether to GIVE SUBSIDIES for Michigan film production.
- Politically Correct Capitalism 3, Lawmakers voting on whether to INCREASE ELECTRIC CAR SUBSIDIES for a subsidiary of a Korean battery company.
- Secret Ballot, Lawmakers voting on whether to keep a SECRET BALLOT for union elections.
- Property Taxes Assaulted Again, Lawmakers voting on whether to allow public schools to EXPAND THE USE OF SINKING FUND property tax spending.
- Sneak Attack, Lawmakers voting on whether to allow public schools to EXPAND THE USE OF SINKING FUND property tax spending.
- Grapes of Wrath, Lawmakers voting on whether TO BAN home shipment of beer and wine to Michigan consumers.
- Subsidize Manufacture of Electric Cars, Lawmakers voting on whether to authorize a refundable Michigan Business Tax credit for makers of plug-in traction battery packs used in electric cars.
- Authorize Special Tax Breaks for Ethanol Gas Stations, Lawmakers voting on whether to authorize a non-refundable Michigan Business Tax credit equal to 30 percent of the costs incurred by a gas station to convert existing pumps and tanks, or acquire new ones that deliver E85 ethanol or biodiesel fuel.
More voting record details
- List of all of Kenneth Horn’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
- List of Kenneth Horn’s 2 missed roll-call votes
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Horn served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Horn served on these committees:
- Energy and Technology (Minority Vice Chair)
- Oversight and Investigations
- Tourism, Outdoor Recreation and Natural Resources
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 94 General election (2010)|
|Kenneth Horn (R)||24,362|
|Vince Mosca (D)||10,470|
|David Smith (L)||811|
Kenneth Horn raised $138,152 for his campaign.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 94|
|Kenneth Horn (R)||28,451|
|Bob Blaine (D)||20,890|
In 2010, Horn received $61,721 in campaign donations. The largest contributors are listed below.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kenneth Horn's campaign in 2010|
|Frankenmuth Mutual Insurance||$5,000|
|Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$2,684|
|Total Raised in 2010||$61,721|
In 2008 Kenneth Horn collected $138,152 in donations. 
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Michigan House Republican Campaign Committee||$10,000|
|Michigan Farm Bureau||$5,000|
|Frankenmuth Mutual Insurance||$5,000|
|Cox 5200 Club||$5,000|
|Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$4,829|
Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
Rep. Kenneth Horn
N-1198 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48933
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kenneth + Horn + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Kenneth Horn received a 69% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
- Ken Horn's personal website
- Michigan Legislature - Representative Kenneth Horn
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Michigan Votes - Kenneth Horn
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Ken Horn on Facebook
- Michigan House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Horn's 2008 campaign contributions
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2008 contributors to Kenneth Horn
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 25, 2012
|Michigan House of Representatives District 94
2007 - 2013
| Succeeded by|
Tim Kelly (R)
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |