Kenneth L. Bowman
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 16|
|York County Board of Supervisors|
|Service/branch||Virginia National Guard|
|Service branch||U.S. Army|
Bowman holds a BA in Human Resources Administration and a Masters of Public Administration from Troy State University. He served as a member of the York County Board of Supervisors from 2003 to 2008. His public service includes four years (2009-2013) as the Economic Development Coordinator for Pittsylvania County. Bowman is a retired Lieutenant Colonel who served for 32 years in the Virginia National Guard and U.S. Army.
Bowman's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Protecting Second Amendment Rights
"I will not support any legislation that infringes on the Second Amendment, nor will I support legislation that prohibits the use of commonly owned semi-automatic firearms used daily by hunters, sportsmen, and law-abiding gun owners in Virginia’s 16th District."
- Supporting Higher Education and Continued Education
"I will work to ensure that the New College Institute and the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research get the support they need to educate our students in relevant skills that will bring high-paying jobs to the district."
- Creating Jobs in Southside Virginia
"I will work with organizations such as the Dan River Region Collaborative to determine which skills are necessary and work to ensure these skills and trades are being taught through the superior educational opportunities we have at Averett University, New College Institute, Institute for Advanced Learning and Research, Danville Community College, and Patrick Henry Community College."
- Promoting Agriculture and Agribusiness
"I will collaborate with local, state, and federal officials to ensure that we continue to promote an environment that promotes agriculture. I will support Right-to-Farm legislation that will protect agriculture enterprises and family-owned farms."
|Virginia House of Delegates District 16 Republican Primary, 2013|
Bowman and his wife, Brenda, reside in Pittsylvania County. He is a member of American Legion Post 47 in Chatham, Virginia and serves as an usher at Mt. Herman Baptist Church.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kenneth + Bowman + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Primary Candidates", Accessed April 8, 2013
- "Bowman Seeks GOP Nod in 16th" Martinsville Bulletin, March 22, 2013
- About Ken, Ken Bowman for Delegate, Accessed May 6, 2013
- Issues, Ken Bowman for Delegate, Accessed May 6, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, "Unofficial Primary Results," Accessed June 13, 2013