Kenneth R. Melvin
|Kenneth R. Melvin|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia 3rd Judicial Circuit|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Tim Kaine|
|Past post:||Member, Virginia House of Delegates|
|Law School:||Georgetown University|
Kenneth R. Melvin is a circuit court judge for the 3rd Circuit in Virginia. The 3rd Circuit is home to the Portsmouth Circuit Court. He was appointed to the court by former Governor Tim Kaine in April 2009. Melvin's term expires in 2017.
Before his appointment to the court, Melvin served as a Democratic member of the Virginia House of Delegates for twenty-four years, from 1986 to 2009. He represented District 80. Melvin resigned from the House on May 1, 2009.
- Virginia's Judicial System: Portsmouth Circuit Court
- Virginia's Judicial System: Circuit Court Overview
- Virginia's Judicial System: Individual Circuit Court Homepages
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Melvin
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Follow the Money - 2007 Campaign Contributions
- Virginia's Judicial System, "Circuit Court Directory"
- Virginia's Judicial System, "Portsmouth Circuit Court"
- Pilot Online.com, "Kaine names Del. Melvin to fill Portsmouth judge post," April 8, 2009
- PilotOnline.com, "Kaine names Del. Melvin to fill Portsmouth judge post," April 8, 2009
- Martindale.com, Judge Profile: Kenneth R. Melvin
- Virginia House of Delegates, historical biography. Retrieved November 16, 2013