Oklahoma State Senate, District 47
After three years of service in the US Army, Goza earned a BA in History and a BA in International Studies from Oklahoma University. He went on to earn an M.A. in International Relations from OU and J.D. from Oklahoma City University. After graduating law school, Goza opened a private law practice, ultimately expanding his practice to include four offices. Kenny and his wife have four children.
Goza's 2011 special election campaign site emphasizes several key policy positions and campaign themes:
- Elimination of Wall Street Pay for State Employees: "Kenny Goza supports a wage freeze on any state worker making more than $10,000 per month. It is time to cut the fat cats out of public sector jobs. The top 250 highest paid state employees cost taxpayers over $96 million dollars. I will work hard to eliminate Wall Street Pay For State Workers Today and Forever."
- Creating Jobs For Main Street: "Oklahoma has vast oil and gas resources. Yet our manufacturing industry sector continues to decline. Kenny Goza supports immediate reduction in corporate taxes to encourage new business to invest in Oklahoma. Our tax break incentives must be restructured and reserved only for businesses that are well-established and can provide immediate jobs for Oklahomans. We must eliminate tax breaks for incubator businesses. Any business that does not commit to Oklahomans for a period of ten years must repay all tax break incentives previously granted by our taxpayers."
- Oklahoma Values: "A mother and grandmother, Carol Hefner not only champions the right to life, but she has walked the walk... When she miraculously conceived a fifth child, doctors warned that her life and that of her baby were in great danger. They strongly advised Carol to terminate the pregnancy, but trusting in God’s provision, she defied the doctors and instead opted for life. Carol experienced a perfect pregnancy and birth. Baby Gabrielle is now a healthy, vibrant 15 year-old."
- Health Care: "Kenny Goza supports the repeal of Obamacare. We must not and cannot be forced to accept under funded federal health care mandates."
- More Efficient Schools: "Kenny Goza supports school consolidation to eliminate CEO pay for multiple superintendents. Teachers have to buy supplies for our children, while superintendents draw a fat paycheck and have an expense account. We cannot tolerate higher property taxes just to pay for the golden parachutes these superintendents now demand. We must consolidate and eliminate the Chiefs so the teachers can have the resources they need to educate our children."
- Oklahoma Values: "Our country was founded on Christian principles and the hard work of our forefathers. Through faith and sweat, Oklahomans have achieved great things. To return Oklahoma to prosperity, we must get back to the core values of faith, strong families, good education and a strong work-ethic."
- No democratic candidates have filed.
7840 NW 133rd Ter
Oklahoma City, OK 73142
Phone: 1 405.213.7690