|Kentucky House of Representatives District 5|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Imes's professional experience includes working as a funeral director.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Imes served on the following committees:
|Kentucky Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State Government, Vice-chair|
|• Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Safety|
Imes' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"It is absolutely essential that our children are educated and ready for the challenges of the future. Our children should be educated not indoctrinated and must be able to compete in math, English, science and reading."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt:"Vigorously support and promote Kentucky agriculture (both animal and crops), Kentucky manufacturing, Kentucky industry, Kentucky technology and Kentucky based coal and energy sources."
Protection of Our Rights and Liberty
- Excerpt:"I will diligently safeguard the right to life and will work to restore prosperity by opposing job killing over-regulations, laws and policies, federal government overreach and government control of our property."
- Excerpt:"Tax rates are important for attracting new business and industry - the lower the better and the broader the tax base. We must lower the Commonwealth's income taxes to do better than other states - and we need to do it now."
Agriculture and Farming
- Excerpt:"I support any legislation that will open new markets for our agricultural products and at the same time push back against Washington D.C.'s disastrous interference in our farm communities."
Imes won election in the 2012 election for Kentucky House of Representatives District 5. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 22, 2012, and defeated Hal Thomas Kemp in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 5, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Imes is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Imes raised a total of $99,821 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 11, 2013.
|Kenny Imes's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kentucky State House, District 5||$99,821|
|Grand Total Raised||$99,821|
2012Imes won election to the Kentucky House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Imes raised a total of $99,821.
|Kentucky House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kenny Imes's campaign in 2012|
|Kentucky Republican Party||$17,129|
|Kentucky House Republican Caucus||$8,908|
|Total Raised in 2012||$99,821|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Imes and his wife, Mary Beth, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kenny + Imes + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Imes' website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Kenny Imes on Facebook
- Kenny Imes on Twitter
- Kenny Imes on LinkedIn
- Kenny Imes on YouTube
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
Melvin Henley (D)
|Kentucky House of Representatives District 5
| Succeeded by|
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |