Kent Malm recall, Central City Public Schools, Nebraska (2014)
An effort to recall Kent Malm from his position on the Board of Education of Central City Public Schools, Nebraska was launched in August 2013. The issue will go before voters on January 14, 2014.
The recall effort against Kent Malm is being led by a group called "Time for Change, Time to Move Forward." Reports indicated that the firing of Central City Public Schools football coach Darin Garfield in April 2013 was the source of anger that led to the effort. However, recall organizers say their effort is not meant to be retaliation for the firing, but rather meant to put "a spotlight on a system that has been counterproductive to the best interests of the students and staff of Central City Public Schools for some time."
Recall supporters also initiated a recall effort against board members Dale Palser and Steve Belitz; that effort failed after petitions were rejected by the Merrick County Clerk because of improper paperwork.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Laws governing recall in Nebraska
- Recall campaigns in Nebraska
- Political recall efforts, 2013
- School board recalls
- Dale Palser and Steve Belitz recall, Central City Public Schools, Nebraska (2013)
- KHAS-TV, "Central City petitioners continue school board fight," August 19, 2013
- Nebraska TV, "Recall for Central City School Board Members to Go to Public Vote," November 25, 2013
- NTV ABC, "Group Seeks to Begin Recall of Some Members of the Central City School Board," June 27, 2013
- JournalStar.com, "Central City group begins school board recall effort over fired coach," July 20, 2013
- KHAS-TV, "Central City residents set to recall school board members," June 27, 2013
- JournalStar.com, "Petitions to recall Central City board members fail," August 17, 2013
State of Nebraska
List of Nebraska ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Nebraska Public Service Commission |