For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Kentucky's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 20, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid R
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Heading into the election the incumbent is Ed Whitfield (R), who was first elected in 1994.
Kentucky's 1st Congressional District is located in western Kentucky and stretches across the southern portion of the state. It includes Fulton, Hickman, Carlisle, Ballard, McCracken, Graves, Calloway, Marshall, Lyon, Livington, Trigg, Caldwell, Crittenden, Christian, Todd, Logan, Simpson, Allen, Monroe, Metcalfe, Adair, Taylor, Marion, Casey, Russell, Clinton, Ohio, Muhlenberg, Hopkins, McLean, Webster, Henderson, Webster and Union counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
May 20, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, Kentucky District 1 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ed Whitfield Incumbent||69.6%||199,956|
|Democratic||Charles Kendall Hatchett||30.4%||87,199|
|Source: Kentucky Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Kentucky's 1st Congressional District, General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Ed Whitfield Incumbent||71.2%||153,840|
|Democratic||Charles Kendall Hatchett||28.8%||62,090|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Kentucky, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 7, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 7, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 7, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Kentucky Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 24, 2012
- Kentucky Secretary of State Election, "Candidate Filings," accessed January 28, 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed November 12, 2011