Kentucky's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 20, 2014
Heading into the election the incumbent is John Yarmuth (D), who was first elected in 2006.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
May 20, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, Kentucky District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Yarmuth Incumbent||64%||206,385|
|Independent||Robert DeVore Jr.||1.5%||4,819|
|Source: Kentucky Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
On November 2, 2010, John Yarmuth won re-election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Todd Lally (R), Edward A. Martin (L), and Michael D. Hansen (I) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Kentucky, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Kentucky Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 24, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Michael Macfarlane," accessed October 30, 2013
- Kentucky Secretary of State Election, "Candidate Filings," accessed January 28, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Mark Gatton," accessed November 4, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed November 12, 2011