Kentucky's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 20, 2014
Kentucky has a closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in a primary election is limited to registered members of that party.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Andy Barr (R), who was first elected in 2012.
Kentucky's 6th Congressional District is based in central Kentucky and contains the cities of Lexington (including its suburbs), Richmond and Frankfort, the state capital. Fleming, Robertson, Harrison, Nicholas, Bath, Menifee, Wolfe, Powell, Estill, Madison, Jessamine, Fayette, Anderson, Franklin, Scott, Clark, Mongomery and Bourbon counties are included in the district.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Elisabeth Jensen: Director of the non-profit Race for Education
- Geoff Young
- Andy Barr: Incumbent
Failed to file
Withdrew from race
|U.S. House, Kentucky District 6 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ben Chandler Incumbent||46.7%||141,438|
|Source: Kentucky Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
On November 2, 2010, Ben Chandler won re-election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Garland "Andy" Barr, Republican (R), C. Wes Collins (Write-In), and Randolph S. Vance (Write-In) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Kentucky, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Kentucky Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 24, 2012
- Kentucky.com "Education advocate Elisabeth Jensen to challenge U.S. Rep. Andy Barr" accessed June 19, 2013
- Pure Politics, "Lexington Democrat Geoff Young first to file to run for Congress," accessed December 4, 2013
- Kentucky Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed January 29,l 2014
- CN|2 "Democrat Michael Coblenz announces candidacy for 6th Congressional District race" accessed July 19, 2013
- Kentucky.com, "Joe Palumbo withdraws from Central Kentucky congressional race," accessed November 11, 2013
- CN|2 "Joe Palumbo running for Democratic nomination for 6th Congressional District" accessed July 19, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed November 15, 2011