Kentucky Secretary of Labor Cabinet
|Kentucky Secretary of Labor Cabinet|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|Length of term:||Serves at the governor's pleasure|
|Authority:||Kentucky Revised Statutes 336.015|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by the governor|
|Assumed office:||May 16, 2013|
|Other Kentucky Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Commissioner of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Natural Resources Commissioner • Labor Cabinet Secretary • Public Service Commission|
The Secretary has the "duties, responsibilities, power, and authority relating to labor, wages and hours, occupational safety and health of employees, child labor, apprenticeship, workers compensation," and all other matters related to labor in the state.
The current officeholder is Larry Roberts. He has served in this position since May 16, 2013, when he was appointed by Governor Steve Beshear. He replaced Mark S. Brown, who served in this position from his appointment on December 1, 2010 to his resignation May 15, 2013. 
The Labor Cabinet is established in the Kentucky Revised Statutes.
Kentucky Revised Statutes 336.015:
|(2) The Labor Cabinet shall consist of the Office of the Secretary, the Department of Workers Claims, and the Department of Workplace Standards.|
The Secretary is appointed by the governor.
The Kentucky Revised Statutes outline the following duties of the Secretary:
- Investigate and ascertain the wages of all employees employed in the state
- Examine and inspect all books, registers, payrolls, and other records of employers that have a bearing upon the question of wages and if the secretary's orders are being complied with
- Require from employers a full and correct statement of wages paid to all employees when requested from the office of the secretary
- Prosecute any violations of any of the provisions of any laws that the secretary is to administer or enforce
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kentucky + Secretary + "Labor Cabinet"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Kentucky+Secretary+%22Labor+Cabinet%22&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Kentucky Secretary of Labor Cabinet News Feed
Kentucky Labor Cabinet
1047 U.S. Highway 127 South, Suite 4
Frankfort KY 40601
Phone: (502) 564-3070
Fax: (502) 564-5387
- Kentucky Revised Statutes, "336.015 Labor Cabinet," accessed December 20, 2012
- Governor of Kentucky, "Governor's Cabinet," accessed June 17, 2013
- Kentucky Labor Cabinet, " Office of the Secretary," accessed December 20, 2012
- The Lane Report "Larry Roberts to become new secretary of Labor Cabinet," accessed June 17, 2013
- Kentucky Revised Statutes, " 336.050 Duties of Secretary," accessed December 21, 2012