|Tennessee State Senate District 18|
|2011 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||March 8, 2011|
|First elected||March 8, 2011|
|Profession||CPA, Small business owner|
Roberts' campaign Facebook site emphasizes several policy positions and campaign themes:
- Jobs, Economy, & Education: "As a CPA, small business owner, and family man, my primary concerns are creating jobs, growing the economy, and improving our public education in Robertson and Sumner counties (all of my children are enrolled in public schools)...I know we can put folks back to work if the government leaves us alone and lets small business do what we do best: innovate, create, produce, and service."
- Spending: "Part of the problem is spending. By limiting taxes and borrowing, government will have to limit spending. It's no different than what hard-working Tennesseans have to do every day with their own finances... I am against any tax increases and have signed Americans' for Tax Reform pledge against any tax increases."
- Federalism: "The framers envisioned a limited federal government with much of the legislative work happening at the state and local level... Today, state governments are quickly becoming administrators of federal programs that are placing a crushing burden on state budgets that simply cannot afford more spending. It's time to push back."
- Conservative values: "I'm pro life, pro family, and fully support our right to keep and bear arms per the 2nd amendment. I'm also in favor of Arizona-style illegal immigration reform."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Roberts served on these committees:
- Environment, Conservation and Tourism
- General Welfare, Health and Human Resources, Secretary
- Government Operations
- Joint Committee on Government Operations
Roberts did not seek re-election in 2012.
Post Office Box 200
Springfield, TN, 37172
- Facebook/Campaign site
- The Tennessean, "Wilber-Roberts race hits home stretch," March 8, 2011
- The Tennessean, "Q&As with Wilber, Roberts," March 3, 2011
|Tennessee Senate District 18
| Succeeded by|
Ferrell Haile (R)