Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 101|
|1999 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||15|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Cahill is an attorney. His professional experiences include director of the Medicare Plan; executive in Wellcare; and health care financing administration.
Cahill earned a BA in political science from the State University of New York, New Paltz and a JD from Albany Law School. He has two children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cahill has been appointed to the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Ethics and Guidance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cahill served on the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York Assembly
- Ethics and Guidance Committee, New York Assembly
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Cahill ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Peter Rooney (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 101 2010|
|Kevin Cahill (D)||24,959|
|Peter Rooney (R)||19,188|
On November 4, 2008 Cahill won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 101, defeating opponent Robin Yess (R).
Cahill raised $118,970 for his campaign while Yess raised $19,975.
|New York State Assembly, District 101 2008|
|Kevin Cahill (D)||38,339|
|Robin Yess (R)||18,053|
In the 2008 election, Cahill raised a total of $118,970.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Laborers Local 17||$3,750|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$3,750|
|New York State Nurses Association||$3,500|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$2,500|
|Service Employees Local 200||$2,300|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Kevin Cahill
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 101
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |