|New York State Assembly District 101|
|1999 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||14|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York-New Paltz, 1977|
|J.D.||Albany Law School, 1980|
|Place of birth||New York, NY|
Cahill is an attorney. His professional experiences include director of the Medicare Plan; executive in Wellcare; and health care financing administration.
Cahill earned a BA in political science from the State University of New York, New Paltz and a JD from Albany Law School. He has two children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cahill has been appointed to the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Ethics and Guidance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cahill served on the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York Assembly
- Ethics and Guidance Committee, New York Assembly
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Cahill is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 103. He is running unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He is also running on the Working Families Party and Independence Party of New York tickets. Richard Cahill, Jr. is running unopposed in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Cahill ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Peter Rooney (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 101 2010|
|Kevin Cahill (D)||24,959|
|Peter Rooney (R)||19,188|
On November 4, 2008 Cahill won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 101, defeating opponent Robin Yess (R).
Cahill raised $118,970 for his campaign while Yess raised $19,975.
|New York State Assembly, District 101 2008|
|Kevin Cahill (D)||38,339|
|Robin Yess (R)||18,053|
In 2010, Cahill received $150,672 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kevin Cahill's campaign in 2010|
|Laborers Local 17||$3,800|
|International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers||$3,000|
|New York State Nurses Association||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$150,672|
In the 2008 election, Cahill raised a total of $118,970.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Laborers Local 17||$3,750|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$3,750|
|New York State Nurses Association||$3,500|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$2,500|
|Service Employees Local 200||$2,300|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Kevin + Cahill + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Kevin+Cahill+New York+Senate&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss|template=slpfeed|max=10|title=Kevin Cahill News Feed
- New York Assembly - Rep. Kevin Cahill
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Cahill
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|New York Assembly - District 101
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |