|New York State Assembly District 101|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Cahill is an attorney. His professional experiences include director of the Medicare Plan; executive in Wellcare; and health care financing administration.
Cahill earned a BA in political science from the State University of New York, New Paltz and a JD from Albany Law School. He has two children.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Cahill ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Peter Rooney (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Working Families Party.
On November 4, 2008 Cahill won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 101, defeating opponent Robin Yess (R).
Cahill raised $118,970 for his campaign while Yess raised $19,975.
|New York State Assembly, District 101 2008|
|Kevin Cahill (D)||38,339|
|Robin Yess (R)||18,053|
In the 2008 election, Cahill raised a total of $118,970.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Laborers Local 17||$3,750|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$3,750|
|New York State Nurses Association||$3,500|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$2,500|
|Service Employees Local 200||$2,300|
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York Assembly
- Ethics and Guidance Committee, New York Assembly
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. Kevin Cahill
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 101
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |