|Wisconsin State Assembly District 40|
|2007 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Date of birth||12/14/1964|
|Place of birth||Waupaca, WI|
|Profession||Co-Owner, Family-Run Electronics Corporation|
Petersen was born in Waupaca, WI on December 14, 1964. He is married and has 2 children. He is a Graduate of Waupaca H.S. in 1983 and was a graduate of B.S.M.E. of the University of New Mexico in 1989. Kevin is a co-owner of a family-run electronics corporation. He served in U.S. Navy sub service from 1983-94 and is a Persian Gulf War veteran.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Petersen served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy and Utilities|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Petersen served on these committees:
- Audit Committee
- Joint Committee on Legislative Audit
- Energy and Utilities Committee
- Health Committee
- Insurance Committee, Chair
- Ways and Means Committee
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Petersen served on these committees:
- Aging and Long-Term Care Committee
- Energy and Utilities Committee
- Veterans and Military Affairs Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Petersen won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 40. Petersen ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 40, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kevin Petersen Incumbent||98.7%||21,127|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 40 General Election (2010)|
|Kevin Petersen (R)||12,749|
|Jon Baltmanis (D)||5,682|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 40 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Kevin David Petersen (R)||6,537||99.79%|
On November 4, 2008, Petersen won re-election to Assembly District 40, receiving 58,29% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 40|
|Kevin Petersen (R)||14,741|
|Kevin Kuehl (D)||10,537|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-130 Intoxication testing: person convicted of OWI-related offense is assessed administrative costs; law enforcement officer required to inform person before obtaining test sample
- AB-141 Autism benefit services under MA provided to all eligible individuals, funding provision; DHS to distribute information on autism therapies; Autism Paraprofessional Board and licensing requirements created; health care provider required to provide referral if diagnosing a patient with a condition that requires further treatment, exceptions noted
Kevin Petersen has a son with Autisim, but was a outspoken advocate against a bill that would mandate health insurance companies to cover autisim related therapies. Peterson along with Rep. Scott Newcomer of Hartland another Republican Assembly member who has a child with autisim voted no against the measure claiming that less children would be covered even with a mandate .
He is a proponent of Voter ID legislation.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Petersen received $45,181 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kevin Petersen's campaign in 2010|
|Petersen, Kevin David||$6,939|
|Citizens For Joe Leean||$500|
|Van Kampen, Anthony||$500|
|Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$45,181|
The top 5 donors to Petersen's 2008 campaign were mostly individuals:
|Sturn, Paul Jay||$500|
|WI Builders Assoc||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Kevin + Petersen + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Representative Petersen's campaign
- Representative Petersen's website
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Kevin Petersen
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions:2008, 2006
- Fox Politics "A Photo ID Vote"
- Green Bay Press Gazette "Election Week"
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Petersen's Freedom Speaks profile
- Representative Petersen's facebook
- Representative Petersen's twitter
- Wisconsin State Legislature - Kevin Petersen Biography
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- Wisconsin State Elections Board Results of Fall General Election-11/04/2008
- Wisconsin Legislature - Bills sponsored by Kevin Petersen
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 40
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |