|Wisconsin State Assembly District 40|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||Co-Owner, Family-Run Electronics Corporation|
Petersen was born in Waupaca, WI on December 14, 1964. He is married and has 2 children. He is a Graduate of Waupaca H.S. in 1983 and was a graduate of B.S.M.E. of the University of New Mexico in 1989. Kevin is a co-owner of a family-run electronics corporation. He served in U.S. Navy sub service from 1983-94 and is a Persian Gulf War veteran.
- Aging and Long-Term Care Committee
- Energy and Utilities Committee
- Veterans and Military Affairs Committee
On November 4, 2008, Petersen won reelection to Assembly District 40, receiving 58,29% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 40|
|Kevin Petersen (R)||14,741|
|Kevin Kuehl (D)||10,537|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-130 Intoxication testing: person convicted of OWI-related offense is assessed administrative costs; law enforcement officer required to inform person before obtaining test sample
- AB-141 Autism benefit services under MA provided to all eligible individuals, funding provision; DHS to distribute information on autism therapies; Autism Paraprofessional Board and licensing requirements created; health care provider required to provide referral if diagnosing a patient with a condition that requires further treatment, exceptions noted
Kevin Petersen has a son with Autisim, but was a outspoken advocate against a bill that would mandate health insurance companies to cover autisim related therapies. Peterson along with Rep. Scott Newcomer of Hartland another Republican Assembly member who has a child with autisim voted no against the measure claiming that less children would be covered even with a mandate .
He is a proponent of Voter ID legislation.
The top 5 donors to Petersen's 2008 campaign were mostly individuals:
- 1. Meighan, Pat $500
- 2. Sturn, Paul Jay $500
- 3. Blum, Greg $500
- 4. WI Builders Assoc $500
- 5. Schroeder, Scott $500
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Kevin Petersen
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2008, 2006
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Fox Politics "A Photo ID Vote"
- Green Bay Press Gazette "Election Week"
- Wisconsin State Legislature - Kevin Petersen Biography
- Wisconsin State Elections Board Results of Fall General Election-11/04/2008
- Wisconsin Legislature - Bills sponsored by Kevin Petersen
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 40
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |