|Running for U.S. House|
|Date of primary||June 12, 2012|
|General election||November 6, 2012|
|Maine State Senate District 29|
|December 1, 2012|
|Years in position||11|
|President, Maine State Senate|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (1st session), $10,082/year (2nd)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||Bates College, 1983|
|Date of birth||February 7, 1961|
|Place of birth||Eastport, ME|
|Profession||Owner, Down East Strategies|
Kevin Raye is a Republican member of the Maine State Senate. Raye was first elected to the Maine Senate in 2004 and was re-elected in November of 2008, and again in 2010. Raye currently serves as the President of the Senate. Raye is a 2012 Republican candidate seeking election to the U.S. House representing the 2nd Congressional District of Maine.
Raye graduated with his Bachelor's degree in Political Science from Bates College in 1983.
In addition to being a Senator, Raye is a business owner.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Raye has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Raye served on these committees:
Raye represents Maine Senate District 29. District 29 includes a portion of Hancock County.
Raye is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Maine's 2nd District. Raye is seeking the nomination on the Republican ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run is March 15, 2012. The primary elections will be held on June 12, 2012.
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
Raye won re-election to the 29th District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. F. James Whalen ran for the seat on the Democratic ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Maine State Senate, District 29|
|Kevin Raye (R)||9,927||69%|
|F. James Whalen (R)||3,967||28%|
Raye raised $19,354 for his campaign.
|Maine State Senate, District 29|
|Kevin Raye (R)||11,418|
|Karen Johnson (D)||6,388|
|Dana Kadey (I)||1,449|
In 2010, Kevin Raye collected $11,680 in donations. 
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maine Association Of Realtors||$600|
|Looks Gourmet Food Co Inc||$350|
|Bangor Historic Track||$350|
|National Rifle Association||$350|
In 2008 Kevin Raye collected $19,354 in donations. 
His four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Jasper Wyman & Son||$500|
|Eldon L Morrison||$500|
|Snowe for Senate||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kevin + Raye + Maine + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Dennis is married to Karen Raye and reside in Perry, Maine.
- Official Maine State Senate website
- Maine Senate Republicans profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Senator Raye's facebook
- Senator Raye's twitter
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Additional Maine Elected Officials and Leaders," February 6, 2012
- "Maine Senate" Senator Listing by County
- The State of Maine "Maine Senate President Kevin Raye announces Congressional bid," January 5, 2012
- Maine Official Election Results
- Maine State Senate official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Raye's 2008 campaign contributions
- 2010 contributors to Kevin Raye
- 2008 contributors to Kevin Raye
|Maine Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |