Difference between revisions of "Kevin Smardz"
|Line 71:||Line 71:|
Revision as of 11:11, 7 July 2011
|New York State Assembly, District 146|
| Assumed office|
January 1, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
|Profession||Television and Video Production|
Smardz worked for various television stations and video production companies in New York before beginning a political career. He became involved in local politics by serving as a councilman for the Hamburg Town Board and worked as the Hamburg Deputy Town Supervisor. He was also a board member of the Hamburg Industrial Development Agency.
Smardz earned his bachelor's degree in Communications and Broadcasting from Buffalo State College. He lives in the Town of Hamburg with his wife Cate and their two sons.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Smardz has been appointed to the following committees:
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Election Law Committee, New York State Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 146 2010|
|Kevin Smardz (R)||23,006|
|Brad Rybczynski (D)||17,939|
|Daniel M. Kozub (C)||2,463|
In 2010, Smardz raised a total of $68,931 in campaign contributions.
His four largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Republican Assembly Campaign Cmte of New York||$20,000|
|Cmte for Economic Growth||$3,500|
|Friends of Steven Walters||$2,500|
Smardz and his wife Cate have two children.
|New York Assembly - District 146
| Succeeded by|