|Wisconsin State Assembly District 43|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Hixson has worked as a copywriter, detention facility guard/shift supervisor, television promotion manager, and Associate Professor at the University of Wisconsin, Whitewater.
He is a member of the American Academy of Advertising, Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Boy Scouts of America, Committee to Study Forms of Government, International Association of Business Disciplines, and Whitewater Downtown Revitalization Group.
On his campaign website Hixson lists four main legislative priorities:
- Jobs and the Economy - "Kim understands the crunch that people are feeling now in the economy, and he feels strongly that at this crucial time for the economy that reform needs to come from within Wisconsin."
- Healthcare - "The cost of prescription drugs are too high for our seniors," and "we have a responsibility to make sure that every child in Wisconsin is insured."
- The Environment - "the legislature must put an increasing priority on looking at alternative fuel solutions and better mass transit systems."
- Education - "education of every child is important. As a member of the Education Committee in the Assembly Kim worked to make sure that schools received the funding they needed to educate our children."
- Colleges and Universities Committee (Chair)
- Consumer Protection Committee
- Education Reform Committee
- Workforce Development Committee
- Financial Institutions Committee
Legislation sponsored in 2009:
- AB-15 Autism spectrum disorders, Asperger's syndrome, and pervasive developmental disorders not otherwise specified: insurance coverage required
- AB-67 BAC above 0.0 prohibited during working hours re persons holding an operator's license, manager's license, or designee of a "Class B" or Class "B" license; immediate family member provision
- AB-151 OWI penalty revisions re occupational license, ignition interlock device, driver safety plan, certain DOT statistics, monetary and imprisonment penalties; DOT to publish OWI conviction notices in official newspaper where the conviction occurred or where the person resides
The top 5 donors to Hixson's 2008 campaign:
|Assembly Democratic Campaign Cmte||$1,521|
|Democratic Party of Dane County||$700|
|Kachel, David L||$600|
|Boley, Anne Frances||$500|
|WI Education Assoc Council||$500|
- Official campaign site
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Kim Hixson
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2008
- Freedom Speaks profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Facebook profile
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 43
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |