Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 89|
Adams’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I believe education is the key to success and one of the truest ways to climb the economic ladder. Unfortunately, Norfolk isn’t delivering excellence in education. Norfolk schools haven’t even performed to the state average. Norfolk scores 9 points below the state average in English, 14 points below in Mathematics, 10 points below in History, and 8 points below in Science. There is not a single academic area measured where Norfolk performance is close to average."
- Excerpt: "New leadership can make changes. Kids need safe places for recreation and positive activities. Community-based policing can partner with neighborhoods to create communication links and report problems before they become a crisis. Only when we show business owners that we are serious about safety will jobs return to Norfolk."
- Excerpt: "Norfolk needs investment so that it can once again be an economic engine. I favor enterprise zones and eliminating BPOL taxes for businesses that move to Norfolk. I also favor a new partnership with our business community and our schools to make sure students are learning skills that lead to marketable careers."
- Excerpt: "Norfolk doesn’t need more tolls. We can commit needed funds to stop the congested traffic at our tunnels that backs up on our streets for blocks. We just need the leadership to do so. Other areas of the state get plenty of transportation funding, but we in Norfolk have been shortchanged. Decades ago, Norfolk had strong representation in the General Assembly. Those days are but a faint memory, as current leadership has failed in every way to get Norfolk what it needs."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kimberly + Adams + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Candidate Facebook page
- Candidate Twitter feed
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |