Difference between revisions of "Kimberly Lightford"
m (Text replace - "Redistricting=|" to "")
|Line 270:||Line 270:|
Revision as of 23:09, 3 March 2013
|Illinois State Senate District 4|
|1998 - Present|
|January 11, 2017|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Trustee, Village of Maywood|
|1997 - 2003|
|Bachelor's||Western Illinois University|
|Master's||University of Illinois|
|Birthday||May 10, 1968|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
Lightford is a full time State Senator. Lightford graduated with her Bachelor's degree from Western Illinois and her Master's in Public Administration from the University of Illinois-Champaign/Urbana.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lightford served on these committees:
- Assignments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Education Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Executive Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Appointments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Financial Institutions Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Redistricting Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Subcommittee on Education, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lightford served on these committees:
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Lightford won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 4. She was unopposed in the Democratic Primary on March 20 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 4, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kimberly Lightford Incumbent||100%||78,011|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 4 (2010)|
|Kimberly Lightford (D)||48,129||100.0%|
Lightford ran unopposed in the Democratic primary election on February 2nd.
|Illinois State Senate, District 4 (2006)|
|Kimberly Lightford (D)||45,857|
|Antoinette Ruback (R)||5,969|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Lightford received $124,281 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Illinois State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kimberly Lightford's campaign in 2010|
|Renaissance Hospital Management||$7,500|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$4,000|
|Construction & General Laborers District Council Of Chicago & Vicinity||$3,500|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$124,281|
In 2006, Lightford collected $130,789 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$16,000|
|Renaissance Hospital Management||$9,600|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$4,500|
|Midway Airport Concessionaires||$3,000|
|Chicago Teachers Union||$2,500|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$2,000|
|Construction & General Laborers District Council of Chicago & Vicinity||$2,000|
|Illinois Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 881||$1,540|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$1,500|
|Community Bankers Association of Illinois||$1,500|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Lightford received a score of 0 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of F according to the IOP’s grading scale. Her score was tied for the lowest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kimberly + Lightford + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Lightford represents Illinois Senate District 4. District 4 includes in the Northwest and Near West sides of Chicago.
Lightford is single and resides in Maywood, Illinois.
- Kimberly Lightford's personal website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Profile at Illinois Senate Democrats
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Vice Chairman profile at Loretto Hospital
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- 2010 Illinois General Election Results
- 2010 Illinois Primary Election Results
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Lightford Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 4
| Succeeded by|