Difference between revisions of "Kirk Adams"
m (Text replace - "s'' "" to "s'', "")
m (Text replace - " Biography from Project Vote Smart]</ref>" to " ''Project Vote Smart'', "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014]</ref>")
|Line 186:||Line 186:|
Adams and his wife, JaNae, have six children.<ref>[http://votesmart.org/bio.php?can_id=58680
Adams and his wife, JaNae, have six children.<ref>[http://votesmart.org/bio.php?can_id=58680 Project Vote Smart]</ref>
Revision as of 12:39, 2 June 2014
|U.S. House, Arizona, District 5|
|Arizona House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Phoenix|
|Profession||Partner, The Adams Agency|
Adams is a Partner with The Adams Agency and a small business owner. He is Chair of the Arizona Leadership Council National Federation of Independent Businesses, and sits on the Board of Directors of the Mesa United Way.
Adams resigned on April 28, 2011. He vacated his seat and position as House Speaker in order to run for the U.S. House of Representatives. In Arizona, candidates must resign from the legislature prior to raising any campaign money for a Congressional race.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Adams served on the following committees:
- Rules Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
- Audit Committee, Arizona State Legislature
- Border Security Advisory Committee, Arizona State Legislature
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Adams served on this committee:
Adams's sponsored bills include:
- HB 2073 - state equalization property tax repeal
- HB 2630 - school districts; personnel contracts
For a full listed of sponsored bills see the House website.
Adams's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Job Creation/Economy
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner, I know how jobs are created and how they are destroyed by bad policies and over-regulation. As Speaker of the Arizona House, I focused on protecting small businesses, keeping government off their back so they could grow and bring more wealth and jobs to our community."
- Government Spending
- Excerpt: "As the father of six children, I am acutely aware of the impact wasteful spending and the national debt will have on future generations. As our 14. 5 trillion dollar grows each day, my children are saddled with more and more debt, and they haven’t even begun their working years."
- Excerpt: "Our healthcare system must be reformed, but the president’s healthcare bill is not the answer. Obama’s health care law takes control over health decisions away from patients and doctors—where it belongs—and puts it in the hands of federal bureaucrats and Washington politicians."
- Family & Life
- Excerpt: "Strong families are fundamental to a strong society. Government policies that weaken families must be repealed. During my time in public service, I have consistently defended traditional values and fought for policies that encourage strong families."
- Border Security
- Excerpt: "One of the constitutional responsibilities of the federal government is to provide national security, which includes border security. Talk about securing our border is popular during election time, but I have an actual record of accomplishment."
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 19 General Election (2010)|
|Kirk Adams (R)||33,972|
|Justin Olson (R)||31,513|
|Kit Filbey (D)||19,866|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 19 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Justin Olson (R)||10,783|
|Kirk Adams (R)||10,722|
|Scott Perkinson (R)||8,646|
Adams raised $75,947 for the campaign, Crandall raised $58,879, and Romano raised $66,780.
|Arizona State House, District 19 (2008)|
|Rich Crandall (R)||44,693|
|Kirk Adams (R)||41,247|
|Kathy Romano (D)||28,922|
|Kirk Adams (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$267,252.70||$133,313.34||$(105,039.78)||$295,526.26|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2012||$295,526.26||$61,636||$(194,863.82)||$162,298.44|
|Pre-Primary||August 16, 2012||$162,298.44||$107,591||$(163,804.36)||$106,085.08|
Below are Adams's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Home Builders Assoc of Central AZ||$900|
|Sandra L Gibson||$690|
|Salt River Valley Water Users Assoc||$500|
Adams and his wife, JaNae, have six children.
- Campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- YouTube channel
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Adams
- Arizona Capitol Times, "Adams resigns from Legislature to run for Congress, Tobin steps up to House speaker," April 28, 2011
- Campaign website, Issues
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," August 28, 2012
- Associated Press, "Primary results," August 28, 2012
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2010 Primary results," accessed December 20, 2013
- Arizona Secretary of State, "General election results," accessed December 13, 2013
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Arizona House spending, 2008," accessed April 7, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Kirk Adams's Summary Report,," accessed August 23, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Kirk Adams April Quarterly,," accessed August 23, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Kirk Adams July Quarterly,," accessed August 23, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Kirk Adams Pre-Primary,," accessed August 23, 2012
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014
|Arizona State House District 19
2006–April 28, 2011
| Succeeded by|