Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 66|
|1990 - Present|
|Years in position||24|
|State House Majority Leader|
|December 5, 2010 - Present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||James Madison University|
|Place of birth||Petersburg, VA|
Cox is involved with a number of organizations, including the Board of Veterans Services, Campaign for Honest Change, Commission on the Future of Virginia's Environment, House Leadership Team. He earned his B.S. in political science and general social science from James Madison University in 1979.
- Appropriations (Vice Chair)
- Higher Education Subcommittee (Chair)
- Economic Development Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Joint Rules
- Ethics (Special) Subcommittee
- HB 1716 Killing of bear or deer; Class 3 misdemeanor to impede someone who has obtained a kill permit.
- HB 1719 Hunting and fishing licenses; clarifies authority to revise cost of license.
- HB 2549 College Savings Plan; exclusion of certain financial records from Freedom of Information Act, etc.
On November 8, 2011, Cox won re-election to District 66 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and ran unopposed in the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Cox was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 66 (2009)|
|Kirk Cox (R)||21,428|
According to his official website, "Cox has taken the lead on legislation that supports family values and has worked to help our fellow citizens with intellectual disabilities." It also states that he is a strong supporter of the military, veterans, and the war on terror.
The top 5 donors to Cox's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Association||$11,000|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$10,000|
|Associated General Contractors of Virginia||$5,000|
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$5,000|
Cox and his wife, Julia, have four children.
- Delegate Kirk Cox official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Cox
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Kirk Cox on Facebook
- Kirk Cox on Twitter
|Virginia House of Delegates District 66
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |