|Virginia House of Delegates District 66|
|1990 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||24|
|State House Majority Leader|
|December 5, 2010 - Present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||James Madison University|
|Place of birth||Petersburg, VA|
Cox earned his B.S. in political science and general social science from James Madison University in 1979. He is involved with a number of organizations, including the Board of Veterans Services, Campaign for Honest Change, Commission on the Future of Virginia's Environment, and House Leadership Team.
In the 2012-2013 session, Cox served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Cox served on the following committees:
- Appropriations, Vice Chair
- Higher Education Subcommittee, Chair
- Economic Development Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Joint Rules
- Ethics (Special) Subcommittee
- HB 1716 Killing of bear or deer; Class 3 misdemeanor to impede someone who has obtained a kill permit.
- HB 1719 Hunting and fishing licenses; clarifies authority to revise cost of license.
- HB 2549 College Savings Plan; exclusion of certain financial records from Freedom of Information Act, etc.
According to his official website, "Cox has taken the lead on legislation that supports family values and has worked to help our fellow citizens with intellectual disabilities." It also states that he is a strong supporter of the military, veterans, and the war on terror.
Cox is running for re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 66. Cox ran unopposed in the June 11th Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, Cox was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 66 (2009)|
|Kirk Cox (R)||21,428|
In 2011, Cox received $484,231 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kirk Cox's campaign in 2011|
|Friends Of Sam Nixon||$30,000|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$18,500|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$16,748|
|Virginia Health Care Association||$13,248|
|Total Raised in 2011||$484,231|
The top five donors to Cox's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Association||$11,000|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$10,000|
|Associated General Contractors of Virginia||$5,000|
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$5,000|
Cox and his wife, Julia, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kirk + Cox + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delegate Kirk Cox official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Cox
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Kirk Cox on Facebook
- Kirk Cox on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Cox
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Kirk Cox Biography
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 66
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |