Difference between revisions of "Kirk Dillard"
m (Text replace - "<ref>[http://www.elections.il.gov/InfoForCandidates.aspx ''Illinois State Board of Elections'' "Candidate List," December 5, 2011]</ref>" to "<ref>[http://www.elections.il.gov/InfoForCandidates.aspx ''Illinois State Board of Elections'' "C)
|Line 214:||Line 214:|
Revision as of 08:53, 7 November 2012
|Illinois State Senate District 24|
|1993 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Judge, Illinois Court of Claims|
|1987 - 1990|
|Bachelor's||Western Illinois University (1977)|
|J.D.||DePaul University (1982)|
|Date of birth||June 1, 1955|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
|Profession||Partner, Locke, Lord, Bissell & Liddell|
Dillard graduated with his Bachelor's degree from Western Illinois in 1977 and his Juris Doctorate degree from DePaul Law in 1982.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dillard has been appointed to these committees:
- Assignments Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Criminal Law Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Licensed Activities Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Redistricting Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Joint Committee on Legislative Ethics
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Dillard served on these committees:
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Dillard is running for re-election to the Illinois State Senate in District 24 in the 2012 election. Dillard defeated House incumbent Chris Nybo in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012. He will face Democrat A. Ghani in the general election which takes place on November 6, 2012.
Dillard was endorsed by Family-Pac.
|Illinois State Senate, District 24 (2008)|
|Kirk Dillard (R)||80,766|
In 2008, Dillard collected $376,492 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$35,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$8,000|
|HSBC North America||$6,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$5,500|
|Illinois Manufacturers Association||$5,000|
|Rose Glen LP||$5,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$3,800|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$3,750|
|Illinois State Bar Association||$3,500|
|Portillos Hot Dogs Inc.||$3,200|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$3,050|
|Federation of Teachers Local 604||$2,650|
|Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell||$2,562|
Dillard represents Illinois Senate District 24. District 24 includes Western Chicago suburbs including Downers Grove, LaGrange, and Westmont.
Kirk is married to Stephanie Dillard. They have two children and resides in Westmont, Illinois.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kirk + Dillard + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Chicago Tribune, "Many voters in both parties undecided on candidate for governor", December 13, 2009
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Family-Pac, "Endorsements," accessed June 22, 2012
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Dillard Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|