Kirk Pearson (Utah)
|Governor of Utah|
Pearson was the Constitution Party candidate for Governor of Utah. His running mate was Tim Alders. He defeated Brandon Nay in the June 26th primary election and faced incumbent Gary Herbert (R), Peter Cooke (D) and Ken Larsen (L) in the general election held November 6, 2012.
|Governor of Utah General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Peter Cooke and Vince Rampton||27.7%||253,514|
|Republican||Gary Herbert and Greg Bell Incumbent||68.4%||624,678|
|Libertarian||Ken Larsen and Rob Latham||2.2%||19,956|
|Constitution||Kirk Pearson and Tim Alders||1.7%||15,548|
|Election Results via State of Utah (dead link).|
|Governor of Utah, Constitution Party Primary, 2012|
|Election Results Via:Utah Lieutenant Governor.|
On his official candidate page provided by the Utah voter's portal, Pearson outlined key aspects of his candidacy and campaign:
- Utah is a great place to live. As Governor I will not take campaign contributions from businesses that I later reward with jobs paid for by the Utah tax payers.
- Utah has over 60 percent of its land owned and controlled by the Federal Government. This is wrong. In the Eastern states only about 3 percent of their land is controlled by the Federal Government. I will take control over Utah lands and manage them in our best interest.
- We will not take funds from the Federal Government that have strings attached; such as common core and other federal programs.
- I will encourage legislators to ease the burdens of new laws on Utah citizens. Each year approx. 300 new laws are passed. I will set a policy that for every new law passed 3 old laws must be taken off the books. I believe it is time to give freedom a chance once again.
- Law will be enforced equally for everyone, including elected officials.
Pearson lost the election to the position of Governor of Utah in 2012. During that election cycle, Pearson raised a total of $739.
|Governor of Utah 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kirk Pearson (Utah)'s campaign in 2012|
|Kirk D. Pearson||$669|
|Lyle V. Nelson||$10|
|Total Raised in 2012||$739|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Pearson and his wife have three children.