Difference between revisions of "Klint Kesto"
m (Text replace - "Unopposedboth=|" to "")
m (Text replace - " the the " to " the ")
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
Kesto earned his B.A. in Political Science from
Kesto earned his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Michigan in 2002, and his J.D. from the Wayne State University Law School in 2006. His professional experience includes working as a small business owner and attorney, including a stint as assistant prosecutor for Wayne County. He has worked for the United States Department of Energy and the United States Department of Justice.<ref name="bio">[http://klintkesto4michigan.com/about-klint/ ''Committee to Elect Klint Kesto'', "About Klint," retrieved August 3, 2012]</ref><ref name="vote">[http://onyourballot.vote411.org/race-detail.do?id=10445791 ''Vote411'', Michigan House District 039, retrieved August 3, 2012]</ref>
Revision as of 19:03, 7 February 2014
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, 2002|
|J.D.||Wayne State University, 2006|
|Profession||Assistant Prosecuting Attorney|
Kesto earned his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Michigan in 2002, and his J.D. from the Wayne State University Law School in 2006. His professional experience includes working as a small business owner and attorney, including a stint as assistant prosecutor for Wayne County. He has worked for the United States Department of Energy and the United States Department of Justice.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kesto served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Families, Children, and Seniors|
|• Health Policy|
|• Judiciary, Vice-chair|
|• Regulatory Reform|
Kesto's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "If elected your State Representative, I will work to reduce regulatory barriers on small business owners, create incentives for companies to invest in the state of Michigan, and ensure strong economic growth."
- Excerpt: "I will work to safeguard the jobs and budgets of the police force, fire departments, prosecutor’s offices, and other first responders in order to ensure a safe and prosperous community."
- Excerpt: "If elected State Representative of the 39th District, I will provide a strong voice for education and will fight for every dollar to help our local schools, but more importantly, our local students."
- Excerpt: "I pledge to post updates of my voting record and what is going on in Lansing on my social media network. This will provide you with a real time update of how I’m representing you and allow you to give immediate feedback on the issues."
Kesto won eleciton in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 39. He defeated Albert Clawson, Nicholas Kennedy, Brad Hantler, Bubba Urdan, and Kristine Zrinyi in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Pam Jackson (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Klint Kesto Incumbent||53.3%||24,382|
Comprehensive donor information for Kesto is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kesto raised a total of $248,254 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 10, 2013.
|Klint Kesto's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Michigan State House, District 39||$248,254|
|Grand Total Raised||$248,254|
2012Kesto won election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kesto raised a total of $248,254.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Klint Kesto's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte Of Michigan||$42,755|
|Michigan Republican Party||$5,000|
|Michigan Chamber Of Commerce||$5,000|
|One Tough Nerd PAC||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$248,254|
|Source: Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Klint + Kesto + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Campaign Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Committee to Elect Klint Kesto, "About Klint," retrieved August 3, 2012
- Vote411, Michigan House District 039, retrieved August 3, 2012
- "klintkesto4michigan," Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 7, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Kesto, Klint." Retrieved June 10, 2013.
Lisa Brown (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 39
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |