Difference between revisions of "Klint Kesto"
|Line 77:||Line 77:|
Kesto's website the following campaign themes:<ref>[http://klintkesto4michigan.com/klintkesto4michigan, "]</ref>
*Excerpt: "to state, and ."
*Excerpt: "and to ."
*Excerpt: ", and to more ."
*Excerpt: "is and ."
Revision as of 16:10, 29 July 2014
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, 2002|
|J.D.||Wayne State University, 2006|
|Profession||Assistant Prosecuting Attorney|
Kesto earned his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Michigan in 2002, and his J.D. from the Wayne State University Law School in 2006. His professional experience includes working as a small business owner and attorney, including a stint as assistant prosecutor for Wayne County. He has worked for the United States Department of Energy and the United States Department of Justice.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kesto served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Families, Children, and Seniors|
|• Health Policy|
|• Judiciary, Vice-chair|
|• Regulatory Reform|
Kesto's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Get Michigan Working
- Excerpt: "Michigan’s economy has a brighter future. We have been working hard to ensure better job growth within our great state, and we have delivered results. However, responsibility to you never stops."
Get Michigan Moving
- Excerpt: "Inadequate roads and bridges are unacceptable for Michigan residents to have to endure. That is why we are working to address infrastructure issues that are plaguing our state."
A Government of the People
- Excerpt: "It is important our government operates with little, if any, duplicative and unnecessary rules to make it more effective for Michiganders."
A Government for the People
- Excerpt: "It is critical our state government remains efficient and effective."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Sandy Colvin defeated Michael Saari in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Klint Kesto defeated Deb O'Hagan and Alan Stephens in the Republican primary.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Klint Kesto Incumbent||55%||4,500|
Kesto won eleciton in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 39. He defeated Albert Clawson, Nicholas Kennedy, Brad Hantler, Bubba Urdan, and Kristine Zrinyi in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Pam Jackson (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Klint Kesto Incumbent||53.3%||24,382|
Comprehensive donor information for Kesto is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kesto raised a total of $248,254 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 10, 2013.
|Klint Kesto's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Michigan State House, District 39||$248,254|
|Grand Total Raised||$248,254|
2012Kesto won election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kesto raised a total of $248,254.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Klint Kesto's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte Of Michigan||$42,755|
|Michigan Republican Party||$5,000|
|Michigan Chamber Of Commerce||$5,000|
|One Tough Nerd PAC||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$248,254|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2014, Kesto's endorsements include:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Klint + Kesto + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Michigan state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Campaign Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Committee to Elect Klint Kesto, "About Klint," accessed August 3, 2012
- Vote411, Michigan House District 039, accessed August 3, 2012
- klintkesto4michigan.com, "Issues," accessed July 29, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Kesto, Klint," accessed June 10, 2013
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
Lisa Brown (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 39
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |