For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 39|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, 2002|
|J.D.||Wayne State University, 2006|
|Profession||Assistant Prosecuting Attorney|
Kesto is a small business owner and attorney, working as an assistant prosecutor for Wayne County. He has worked for the United States Department of Energy and the United States Department of Justice. He is a 2002 graduate of the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, receiving a B.A. in Political Science, and a 2006 graduate of the Wayne State University Law School in Detroit.
Kesto's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"If elected your State Representative, I will work to reduce regulatory barriers on small business owners, create incentives for companies to invest in the state of Michigan, and ensure strong economic growth."
- Excerpt:"I will work to safeguard the jobs and budgets of the police force, fire departments, prosecutor’s offices, and other first responders in order to ensure a safe and prosperous community."
- Excerpt:"If elected State Representative of the 39th District, I will provide a strong voice for education and will fight for every dollar to help our local schools, but more importantly, our local students."
- Excerpt:"I pledge to post updates of my voting record and what is going on in Lansing on my social media network. This will provide you with a real time update of how I’m representing you and allow you to give immediate feedback on the issues."
Kesto won eleciton in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 39. He defeated Albert Clawson, Nicholas Kennedy, Brad Hantler, Bubba Urdan, and Kristine Zrinyi in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Pam Jackson (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Klint Kesto Incumbent||53.3%||24,382|
Kesto supports lowering taxes, increasing the police force, and reforming the penal justice system. He seeks to reduce regulations the amount of red tape businesses must contend with, and supports anti-bullying laws.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Klint Kesto on Facebook
- Klint Kesto on Twitter
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Klint + Kesto + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- [http://klintkesto4michigan.com/about-klint/ Committee to Elect Klint Kesto, "About Klint," retrieved August 3, 2012.
- Vote411, Michigan House District 039, retrieved August 3, 2012.
- "klintkesto4michigan," Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 7, 2012
- Klintkesto4michigan.com "The Issues," Accessed July 31, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |