|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 26|
|2000 - 2012|
|Speaker of the House|
|2011 – 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 7, 2000|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma Baptist University (1996)|
|Master's||East Central University (2006)|
|Birthday||July 11, 1973|
|Place of birth||Ardmore, Oklahoma|
He is a public school teacher and associate minister. He and his wife, Kellie, have two children: Mackenzie and Madison.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Steele served on these committees:
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Steele was not appointed to any committees.
Steele ran for re-election to the Oklahoma House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary. He was also unopposed in the general election on November 2, 2010. Vote totals were not reported for unopposed candidates.
In 2010, a year in which Steele was up for re-election, he collected $172,284 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kris Steele's campaign in 2010|
|Choctaw Nation Of Oklahoma||$7,500|
|Oklahoma Dental Association||$5,000|
|Oklahoma Society Of Anesthesiologists||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$172,284|
In 2008, Steele collected $49,301 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|OKLAHOMA MEDICAL ASSOCIATION||$2,500|
|MCCLUNE, GRANT & ERIN||$1,300|
|MERCK & CO||$1,300|
|OKLAHOMA HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION||$1,000|
|BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF OKLAHOMA||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kris + Steele + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Representative Steele's LinkedIn
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board - Unofficial 2012 primary results
- Oklahoma House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- "2008 campaign contributions"
- 2010 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributions
|Oklahoma House of Representatives - District 26
| Succeeded by|
Justin Freeland Wood (R)
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |