|Washington House of Representatives, District 43a|
Sawant's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"A state and federal jobs program to provide living-wage jobs for all and rebuild our economy with green technology."
- Excerpt:"Tax freeloading big corporations and millionaires to fund job programs, schools, public transit and social services."
- Excerpt:"No cuts to social services! No layoffs or attacks on public sector unions! Reverse all budget cuts to education, healthcare, and the Disability Lifeline."
- Excerpt:"Raise the state minimum wage to $15/hour."
- Excerpt:"For a moratorium on home foreclosures."
Sawant ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 43b. Sawant advanced past the August 7 blanket primary with an unprecedented write-in win; she also advanced in District 43a, but did not continue to run there. Sawant was defeated by incumbent Frank Chopp (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 43b, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Frank Chopp Incumbent||70.6%||49,125|
|Socialist Alternative||Kshama Sawant||29.4%||20,425|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kshama + Sawant + Washington + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |