|Michigan House of Representatives District 84|
| Assumed office|
January 1, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
|Profession||Legislator, retired Michigan Air National Guard|
Damrow is a retired Michigan Air National Guardsman. He was formerly a county commissioner.
Damrow graduated from Spec's Howard School of Broadcast Arts and the Nashville Auctioneering Institute.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Damrow has been appointed to these committees:
- Military and Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security, Chair
- Natural Resources, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 84 General election (2010)|
|Kurt Damrow (R)||15,183|
|Terry Brown (D)||15,153|
In 2010, Damrow raised $7,785 in contributions. 
His largest contributor was the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, which donated $1,000 to his campaign.
On June 1, 2011, Jack Jensen filed language with the Huron County Clerk seeking the recall of Damrow from office, citing failure by Damrow to properly report campaign finance information, as well as supporting legislation that could hurt families, seniors, schools and local government. The clerk held a hearing on June 13 to determine if the language submitted “is or is not of sufficient clarity to enable the officer whose recall is sought and the electors to identify the course of conduct which is the basis for the recall.”
At that meeting the election commission rejected the language for being too editorialized. Jensen submitted new, less complicated language, which was unanimously approved at a meeting on June 30. Organizers announced they would immediately begin collecting the 7,679 signatures necessary for a recall.
The recall campaign aimed to have the signatures collected by August 5 in order to make the November ballot, but fell short. If they are able to collect the signatures by September 28 a vote for recall would be placed on the February 2012 ballot.
Damrow and his wife Kim have two children.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- 2010 contributions
- Huron Daily Tribune, "Effort to recall Damrow," June 1, 2011
- Huron Daily Tribune, "New language filed to recall Damrow," June 15, 2011
- MLive, "Petition language approved in bid to recall State Rep. Kurt Damrow," July 1, 2011
- Huron Daily Tribune, "Despite missing first deadline, Damrow recall effort will go on," August 6, 2011