|Michigan House of Representatives District 20|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan, 1998|
|J.D.||Wayne State University Law School|
Heise was formerly a city attorney in Dearborn Heights and the city of Woodhaven. Kurt is a Trustee on the Plymouth-Canton Educational Foundation, serves on the Board of Directors for Friends of the Rouge, and serves as a consultant for Wayne State University's Urban Watershed program alongside an adjunct professorship.
Heise graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor's degree in 1988. He went on to earn his Masters of Law in Labor Law from Wayne State University Law School.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Heise has been appointed to these committees:
Heise is unopposed in the Republican primary on August 7. The general election takes place on November 6.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 20 General election (2010)|
|Kurt Heise (R)||20,920|
|Joan Wadsworth (D)||15,128|
More voting record details
- List of all of Kurt Heise’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
In 2010, Heise raised $74,850 in contributions. 
His three largest contributors were:
|Heise, Kurt L||$20,000|
|Michigan Farm Bureau||$5,000|
|Michigan Automobile Dealers Association||$2,500|
Rep. Kurt Heise
N-699 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: (517) 373-3816
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kurt + Heise + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Kurt Heise received a 75% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Heise and his wife Catherine have two children.
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Michigan Votes - John Walsh
- Mitt Romney Campaign Website "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Michigan Speaker of The House Jase Bolger and Additional Members of The Michigan Legislature," September 19, 2011
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 7, 2012
- 2010 contributions
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 22, 2012
|Michigan House of Representatives District 20
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |