Difference between revisions of "Kurt Schrader"
m (Text replace - "''All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.''" to "''All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.''")
m (→Percentage voting with party)
|Line 83:||Line 83:|
Revision as of 14:26, 24 September 2012
|U.S. House, Oregon, District 5|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 4, 2009|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Oregon State Senate|
|Oregon House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Cornell University & University of Illinois|
|Other||University of Illinois|
|Birthday||October 19, 1951|
|Place of birth||Bridgeport, Connecticut|
- 2009-Present: U.S. House of Representatives, Oregon's 5th congressional district
- 2003-2008: Oregon State Senate
- 1997-2003: Oregon House of Representatives
Outside of public life, Schrader worked as a veterinarian and farmer.
Schrader serves on the following committees:
- Small Business Committee
- Subcommittee on Finance and Tax Chair
- Subcommittee on Contracting and Technology
- Agriculture Committee
- Subcommittee on Department Operations, Oversight, Nutrition and Forestry
- Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management
- Subcommittee on Horticulture and Organic Agriculture
- Budget Committee
|U.S. House of Representatives, Oregon Congressional District Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Kurt Schrader Incumbent||51.3%||145,319|
|Pacific Green||Chris Lugo||2.7%||7,557|
In the 2012 election cycle, Schrader raised $1,070,324 and spent $347,311, leaving him with $731,229 cash on hand. Schrader's top three contributors are AmeriPAC: The Fund for a Greater America, which gave $11,500; American Veterinary Medical Association, which donated $11,000; and $10,124, which gave $10,124.
Throughout his career, Schrader has raised $284,849 from Leadership PACs, $249,450, and $167,300 from law firms.
His top 5 contributors between 2009-2010 were:
|U.S. House of Representatives, Oregon Congressional District Election, 2010 - Kurt Schrader Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,153,710|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$1,153,710|
|Top contributors to Kurt Schrader's campaign committee|
|American Crystal Sugar||$15,000|
|Blue Cross/Blue Shield||$12,750|
|American Veterinary Medical Assn||$11,750|
|National Air Traffic Controllers Assn||$11,000|
|National Assn of Realtors||$11,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kurt + Schrader + Oregon + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Kurt+Schrader+Oregon+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Kurt Schrader News Feed
Schrader is married to Martha. They have 5 children.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Financial (state level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Gov Track "Schrader" Accessed May 22, 2012
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress "SCHRADER, Kurt, (1951 - )"
- Congressman Kurt Schrader, Representing the 5th District of Oregon "Kurt's Committees"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- opensecrets Accessed May 14, 2012
- opensecrets.org Accessed MAy 14, 2012
- Open Secrets "Kurt Schrader 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 16, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Oregon, District 5
| Succeeded by|
|Oregon State Senate
| Succeeded by|
|Oregon House of Representatives
| Succeeded by|