|U.S. House, Oregon, District 5|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 4, 2009|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Oregon State Senate|
|Oregon House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Cornell University & University of Illinois|
|Other||University of Illinois|
|Date of birth||October 19, 1951|
|Place of birth||Bridgeport, Connecticut|
- 2009-Present: U.S. House of Representatives, Oregon's 5th congressional district
- 2003-2008: Oregon State Senate
- 1997-2003: Oregon House of Representatives
Outside of public life, Schrader worked as a veterinarian and farmer.
Schrader serves on the following committees:
- Small Business Committee
- Subcommittee on Finance and Tax Chair
- Subcommittee on Contracting and Technology
- Agriculture Committee
- Subcommittee on Department Operations, Oversight, Nutrition and Forestry
- Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management
- Subcommittee on Horticulture and Organic Agriculture
- Budget Committee
Percentage voting with party
Kurt Schrader voted with the Democratic Party 77.7% of the time, which ranked 172 among the 192 House Democratic members as of December 2011.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Oregon Congressional District Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Kurt Schrader Incumbent||51.3%||145,319|
|Pacific Green||Chris Lugo||2.7%||7,557|
In the 2012 election cycle, Schrader raised $1,070,324 and spent $347,311, leaving him with $731,229 cash on hand. Schrader's top three contributors are AmeriPAC: The Fund for a Greater America, which gave $11,500; American Veterinary Medical Association, which donated $11,000; and $10,124, which gave $10,124.
Throughout his career, Schrader has raised $284,849 from Leadership PACs, $249,450, and $167,300 from law firms.
His top 5 contributors between 2009-2010 were:
|U.S. House of Representatives, Oregon Congressional District Election, 2010 - Kurt Schrader Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,153,710|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$1,153,710|
|Top contributors to Kurt Schrader's campaign committee|
|American Crystal Sugar||$15,000|
|Blue Cross/Blue Shield||$12,750|
|American Veterinary Medical Assn||$11,750|
|National Air Traffic Controllers Assn||$11,000|
|National Assn of Realtors||$11,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kurt + Schrader + Oregon + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
Schrader is married to Martha. They have 5 children.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Financial (state level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Gov Track "Schrader" Accessed May 22, 2012
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress "SCHRADER, Kurt, (1951 - )"
- Congressman Kurt Schrader, Representing the 5th District of Oregon "Kurt's Committees"
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- opensecrets Accessed May 14, 2012
- opensecrets.org Accessed MAy 14, 2012
- Open Secrets "Kurt Schrader 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 16, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Oregon, District 5
| Succeeded by|
|Oregon State Senate
| Succeeded by|
|Oregon House of Representatives
| Succeeded by|