|January 3, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||4|
|Predecessor||Dawn Marie Sass (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||James Madison High School|
|Date of birth||June 21, 1955|
|Place of birth||Milwaukee, WI|
Schuller is not seeking re-election in 2014.
Schuller has spent his career in restaurants. He worked for 20 years as a chef, became the general manager of The Club Forest Restaurant, owned and operated Wolfendale's Restaurant in Sussex from 1996 to 2005, and worked for Old Country Buffet.
Schuller is the author of a book of biblical fiction entitled "Except for These Chains." He and his wife, Peggy, have five children and live in Eden, Wisconsin.
- James Madison High School
- AA, Managenemt and communications, Concordia College
Wisconsin Treasurer (2011-Present)
Schuller has served as Wisconsin Treasurer since January 2011.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Schuller ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 53. He was defeated by Michael Schraa in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. Incumbent Republican Richard Spanbauer did not run for re-election. Ryan Flejter defeated Koby Schellenger and Joanne Staudacher in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 53 Republican Primary, 2012|
Schuller won election as Wisconsin Treasurer on November 2, 2010, defeating Democratic incumbent Dawn Marie Sass.
|Wisconsin State Treasurer, 2010|
|Republican||Kurt W. Schuller||53.4%||1,101,320|
|Democratic||Dawn Marie Sass Incumbent||46.5%||958,468|
|Election Results via Wisconsin Government Accountability Board|
Comprehensive donor information for Schuller is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Schuller raised a total of $840 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 6, 2013.
|Kurt Schuller's Campaign Contribution History|
|Grand Total Raised||$840|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Kurt Schuller's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Kurt Schuller's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponents||$11,378 (Dem)|
|Top 5 contributors||Phillip H Prange||$500|
Schuller is married and has five children. He lives in Eden, Wisconsin.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Kurt + Schuller + Wisconsin"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Treasury
- Campaign website
- Schuller on Facebook
- Schuller on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- WisPolitics, "Schuller won't seek re-election to state treasurer's post," May 3, 2013
- Wisconsin State Treasury, "Biography," accessed September 4, 2011
- Schuller for Treasurer.com, "About Kurt," accessed September 4, 2011
- WisPolitics, "GOP Convention Blog: Schuller won't seek re-election to state treasurer's post," May 4, 2013
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," accessed June 12, 2012
- Follow the Money, " Career fundraising for Kurt Schuller," accessed May 6, 2013
- Follow the Money.org, "Home," accessed February 17, 2015
Dawn Marie Sass (D)
| Succeeded by|