For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 34B|
|2003 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||February 25, 2003|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of North Dakota|
|Date of birth||October 16, 1969|
|Place of birth||Grand Forks, ND|
Zellers has previously served as Communications Consultant for the Republican Caucus in the Minnesota State House of Representatives, and Communications Director for U.S. Senator Rod Grams.
In May 2011, Governing Magazine named Zellers one of 17 "GOP Legislators to Watch." Each of the legislators was selected on the basis of qualities like leadership, ambition, and political potential.
He is married and has 2 children.
Zellers's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I remain firmly committed to a more sustainable state budget that doesn’t burden taxpayers."
- Excerpt:"Alternative Teacher Licensure: Creates alternative pathways to licensure, to help bring quality, experienced professionals into the classroom."
- Excerpt:"Permitting must move at the speed of commerce to support Minnesota’s economic recover and job creation."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Zellers served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2012|
Zellers ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 34B. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated David Hoden (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 34B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kurt Zellers Incumbent||54.6%||12,802|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 32B (2010)|
|Katie Rodriguez (DFL)||7,076||44.51%|
|Kurt Zellers (R)||8.804||55.38%|
Kurt Zellers raised $55,045 for his campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 32B (2008)|
|Kurt Zellers (R)||11,129||53.06%|
|Lee Carlson (DFL)||9,809||46.77%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Zellers received $66,534 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kurt Zellers's campaign in 2010|
|3rd Congressional District Republican Party||$500|
|Police Officers Federation Of Minneapolis||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$66,534|
Listed below are the four largest contributors to Kurt Zellers' 2008 campaign.
|32nd Senate District Republican Party||$3,200|
|3rd Congressional District Republican Party||$1,750|
- Kurt Zellers' personal website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Zellers
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Governing, "GOP Legislators to Watch," May 24, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Zellers
- "kurtzellers," Official Campaign Website
- Twin Cities, "Romney picks up endorsements from top Minnesota Republicans," February 3, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money's report on Zellers' 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
Joe Hoppe (R)
|Minnesota State House District 34B
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota State House District 32B
| Succeeded by|
Bob Barrett (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |