|Illinois State Senate District 51|
|November 2009 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Oral Roberts University|
McCarter graduated with his Bachelor's degree from Oral Roberts University in Accounting. In addition to being a Senator, McCarter is a small business owner.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McCarter has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Education Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Financial Institutions Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Licensed Activities Committee, Illinois State Senate
- State Government & Veterans Affairs Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Subcommittee on Special Issues (Licensed Activities)
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McCarter served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation
- Commerce Ranking Republican Member
- Financial Institutions
- Licensed Activities
- State Government and Veterans Affairs .
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
McCarter, current District 51 incumbent, is running for re-election to the Senate in District 54 in the 2012. McCarter was to face incumbent John Jones in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012, but Jones withdrew on January 4, leaving McCarter unopposed. McCarter will face Democrat Danny L. Stover in the general election on November 6.
McCarter was endorsed by Family-Pac.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 51 (2010)|
|Kyle McCarter (R)||43,009||61.38%|
|Tim Dudley (D)||27,066||38.62%|
The election took place on November 2, 2010. McCarter ran unopposed in the Republican primary election on February 2nd.
In 2010, McCarter received $651,984 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Illinois State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kyle McCarter's campaign in 2010|
|Republican State Senate Campaign Cmte Of Illinois||$88,869|
|Illinois Chamber Of Commerce||$35,000|
|Citizens For Frank Watson||$28,880|
|Illinois Republican Party||$24,521|
|Total Raised in 2010||$651,984|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kyle + McCarter + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Metro-east lawmakers vote against pension reform plan - Belleville News Democrat
- Illinois Senate Approves $160 Billion Dollar Pension Plan - WJBD Online
- Illinois may pay ADM to move to Chicago - Watchdog.org
- Tax break deals for Office Depot, ADM, Univar stall - Chicago Tribune
- Legislature passes pension reform - Quincy Journal
- More Golden Horseshoes - The Capitol Fax Blog (blog)
- ADM decision process continues - Herald & Review (blog)
- Question of the day - The Capitol Fax Blog (blog)
- UNO chief steps down - The Capitol Fax Blog (blog)
- *** UPDATED x1 - Mayor claims no communication with Institute *** The most ... - The Capitol Fax Blog (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
McCarter represents Illinois Senate District 51. District 51 includes the Greater Decatur region in North Central Illinois.
Kyle is married to Victoria McCarter. They have two children and reside in Lebanon, Illinois.
- Sen. McCarter's website
- McCarter's campaign website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- McCarter's facebook
- McCarter's twitter
- McCarter's LinkedIn
- ↑ Illinois General Assembly "Senator Kyle McCarter (R)"
- ↑ "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate detail - John O. Jones," January 4, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Family-Pac, "Endorsements," accessed June 22, 2012
- ↑ 2010 Illinois General Election Results
- ↑ 2010 Illinois Primary Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- ↑ "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 51
| Succeeded by|