|Illinois State Senate District 51|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 12, 2013
|Profession||Small business owner|
McCarter graduated with his Bachelor's degree from Oral Roberts University in Accounting. In addition to being a Senator, McCarter is a small business owner.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McCarter has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Committee, Illinois State Senate, Member
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate, Member
- Education Committee, Illinois State Senate, Member
- Financial Institutions Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Licensed Activities Committee, Illinois State Senate, Member
- State Government & Veterans Affairs Committee, Illinois State Senate, Member
- Subcommittee on Special Issues (Licensed Activities), Member
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McCarter served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation
- Commerce Ranking Republican Member
- Financial Institutions
- Licensed Activities
- State Government and Veterans Affairs .
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 51 (2010)|
|Kyle McCarter (R)||43,009||61.38%|
|Tim Dudley (D)||27,066||38.62%|
The election took place on November 2, 2010. McCarter ran unopposed in the Republican primary election on February 2nd.
McCarter represents Illinois Senate District 51. District 51 includes the Greater Decatur region in North Central Illinois.
Kyle is married to Victoria McCarter. They have two children and reside in Lebanon, Illinois.
- Sen. McCarter's website
- McCarter's campaign website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- McCarter's facebook
- McCarter's twitter
- McCarter's LinkedIn
- Illinois General Assembly "Senator Kyle McCarter (R)"
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- 2010 Illinois General Election Results
- 2010 Illinois Primary Election Results
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 51
| Succeeded by|