L. Grace Spencer
|L. Grace Spencer|
|New Jersey General Assembly District 29|
|2008 - Present|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|J.D.||Rutgers School of Law|
|Date of birth||4/15/1968|
Spencer earned her Bachelor of Arts in business management from Rutgers University-Newark and her Juris Doctor from Rutgers Law School. Her professional experience includes working as an attorney for the firm of Marshall, Dennehey, Warner, Coleman and Goggin.
- A680 Eliminates certain penalties for drug offenses in school zones and public areas.
- A681 Prohibits the sale, importation, possession and carrying of handguns except by certain authorized persons.
- A690 Requires boards of education to permit public participation at board meetings.
- A699 Increases minimum wage. 
Spencer ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 29. Spencer is bracketed with Alberto Coutinho. He was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He is challenged by Aracelis Sanabria Tejada (R) and Elaine L. Guarino (R) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
Spencer won re-election in 2011. She and incumbent Alberto Coutinho ran unopposed in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Elaine Guarino and Lisa Kistner in the November 8 general election.
Spencer successfully won re-election in the November 3, 2009 general election. She was bracketed with Alberto Coutinho and defeated Republican challengers Aracelis Sanabria-Tejada and Fernando Linhares, along with Independent candidate Joanne Miller.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twenty-Ninth Legislative District (2009)|
|L. Grace Spencer (D)||21,205|
|Alberto Coutinho (D)||20,628|
|Fernando E. Linhares (R)||2,787|
|Aracelis Sanabria-Tejada (R)||2,761|
In 2011, Spencer received $92,101 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to L. Grace Spencer's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Bankers Association||$8,000|
|New Jersey Regional Council Of Carpenters||$7,500|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$5,000|
|Com To Elect Sheila Oliver||$2,600|
|Franklin Surgical Ctr||$2,400|
|Total Raised in 2011||$92,101|
|Total Votes received in 2011||8,572|
|Cost of each vote received||$10.74|
Below are Spencer's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|Spencer, L Grace||$5,400|
|New Jersey Bankers Association||$4,750|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|New Jersey Funeral Directors Association||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "L. + Grace + Spencer + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly- Hon. Grace Spencer
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ Assembly Dems - Assm. Spencer
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007
- "NJ Assembly Dems - Assm. Spencer", Accessed May 10, 2013
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Essex County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |