L. Grace Spencer
|L. Grace Spencer|
|New Jersey General Assembly District 29|
|2008 - Present|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|J.D.||Rutgers School of Law|
Spencer earned her B.A. in Business Management from Rutgers University-Newark and her J.D. from Rutgers Law School. Her professional experience includes working as an attorney for the firm of Marshall, Dennehey, Warner, Coleman and Goggin and for the Law Office of L. Grace Spencer.
- A680 Eliminates certain penalties for drug offenses in school zones and public areas.
- A681 Prohibits the sale, importation, possession and carrying of handguns except by certain authorized persons.
- A690 Requires boards of education to permit public participation at board meetings.
- A699 Increases minimum wage. 
Spencer ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 29. Spencer is bracketed with Alberto Coutinho. He was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He is challenged by Aracelis Sanabria Tejada (R), Elaine L. Guarino (R), and incumbent Alberto Coutinho (D) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013. 
Spencer won re-election in 2011. She and incumbent Alberto Coutinho ran unopposed in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Elaine Guarino and Lisa Kistner in the November 8 general election.
Spencer successfully won re-election in the November 3, 2009 general election. She was bracketed with Alberto Coutinho and defeated Republican challengers Aracelis Sanabria-Tejada and Fernando Linhares, along with Independent candidate Joanne Miller.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twenty-Ninth Legislative District (2009)|
|L. Grace Spencer (D)||21,205|
|Alberto Coutinho (D)||20,628|
|Fernando E. Linhares (R)||2,787|
|Aracelis Sanabria-Tejada (R)||2,761|
Comprehensive donor information for L. Grace Spencer is available dating back to 2007. Based on available campaign finance records, L. Grace Spencer raised a total of $219,338 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 27, 2013.
|L. Grace Spencer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2011||New Jersey General Assembly, District 29||$92,101|
|2009||New Jersey General Assembly, District 29||$84,755|
|2007||New Jersey General Assembly, District 29||$42,482|
|Grand Total Raised||$219,338|
2011L. Grace Spencer won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, L. Grace Spencer raised a total of $92,101.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to L. Grace Spencer's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Bankers Association||$8,000|
|New Jersey Regional Council Of Carpenters||$7,500|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$5,000|
|Com To Elect Sheila Oliver||$2,600|
|Franklin Surgical Ctr||$2,400|
|Total Raised in 2011||$92,101|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2009L. Grace Spencer won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2009. During that election cycle, L. Grace Spencer raised a total of $84,755.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2009 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to L. Grace Spencer's campaign in 2009|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|Spencer, L Grace||$5,400|
|New Jersey Bankers Association||$4,750|
|New Jersey Funeral Directors Association||$2,000|
|New Jersey Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2009||$84,755|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2007L. Grace Spencer won election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2007. During that election cycle, L. Grace Spencer raised a total of $42,482.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2007 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to L. Grace Spencer's campaign in 2007|
|Griffin, John & Amy||$5,200|
|Alpha Presentations Inc||$2,600|
|Stpaul, Sean R||$2,000|
|Hunt Hemlin & Ridley||$2,000|
|Porzio Bromberg & Newman||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2007||$42,482|
|Source:Follow the Money|
- The New Jersey AFL-CIO
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "L. + Grace + Spencer + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly- Hon. Grace Spencer
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ Assembly Dems - Assm. Spencer
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- "NJ Assembly Dems - Assm. Spencer", Accessed May 10, 2013
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Unofficial general election candidates," Accessed August 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- followthemoney.org, "Spencer, L Grace" Accessed August 27, 2013
- PolitickerNJ.com, "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections", Accessed September 4, 2013
- Planned Parenthood NJ "Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey Announces Endorsements in State Elections," accessed September 5, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |