For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Alaska House of Representatives District 25|
|January 24, 2011-Present|
|January 26, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Majority Leader, Alaska House of Representatives|
|Per diem||$238 or $253/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Pruitt's professional experience includes working as a small business owner, manager of FedEx Ground, and the general manager of Sears Logistics.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Pruitt served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health & Social Services|
|• Economic Development, Trade & Tourism|
|• Legislative Council|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pruitt served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Education, Vice Chair|
|• Energy, Co-Chair|
|• Transportation, Vice Chair|
Pruitt's website listed the following issues:
- Long-term Reliable Energy
- Excerpt: "Energy is a key element to a strong and thriving economy. We need to make sure that we have long term, reliable and affordable energy sources, especially energy that has predictability of price to the consumer."
- Excerpt: "We need to ensure that our children can get a world class education right here in the state. This all starts with keeping and maintaining high quality teachers."
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Extensive analysis of how much is being spent will be all that more important when, if or as the amount of funds available diminishes. We must continue to provide the programs and services that are necessary while staying within our means."
- Workforce Development
- Excerpt: "With projects like a future gas line looming on the horizon, we will need to make sure that the workforce present in Alaska is up to the challenge of making these projects a success."
Pruitt ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Alaska House of Representatives District 25. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Pruitt won re-election in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 25, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lance D. Pruitt Incumbent||51.3%||4,119|
|Alaska House of Representatives District 21 General Election (2010)|
|Lance Pruitt (R)||3,508|
|Barbara E. Norton (D)||2,771|
|Robert E. Clift (L)||189|
Comprehensive donor information for Pruitt is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Pruitt raised a total of $172,897 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 2, 2013.
|Lance Pruitt's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Alaska State House, District 25||$124,820|
|2010||Alaska State House, District 21||$48,077|
|Grand Total Raised||$172,897|
2012Pruitt won re-election to the Alaska House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Pruitt raised a total of $124,820.
|Alaska House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lance Pruitt's campaign in 2012|
|Alaska Republican Party||$8,500|
|Capital City Republican Women||$3,500|
|Anchorage Republican Womens Club||$3,500|
|Alaska Dental Society||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$124,820|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Pruitt won election to the Alaska House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Pruitt raised a total of $48,077.
|Alaska House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lance Pruitt's campaign in 2010|
|Alaska Republican Party||$3,000|
|Anchorage Republican Womens Club||$2,000|
|Capital City Republicans||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$48,077|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Pruitt is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lance + Pruitt + Alaska + House" Lance Pruitt News Feed
- Alaska State Legislature
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House of Representatives District 25
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Lance Pruitt on Facebook
- Lance Pruitt on Twitter
- Alaska House of Representatives of Representatives "House Majority Members" Accessed September 18, 2012
- lancepruitt.com, "About Lance (Archived)," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Election Division, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed November 16, 2012
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed March 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Pruitt, Lance," accessed August 2, 2013
Harry Crawford (D)
|Alaska House of Representatives District 21
| Succeeded by|
Craig Johnson (R)
State of Alaska
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Comptroller | Commissioner of the Department of Revenue | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Regulatory Commission |