|South Dakota House District 30|
|2009 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Russell is an attorney. He joined the South Dakota State House in 2009 and has served in that position since. He represents the 30th District.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Russell served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Russell served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Russell served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
Russell won re-election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 30. Russell and fellow incumbent Mike Verchio defeated Tim Behlings, Travis L. Bies, and Florence K. Thompson in the Republican primary on June 5. No Democratic candidates filed for election. Russell and Verchio ran in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Russell ran for re-election to District 30 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. Russell and Mike Verchio (incumbent) both ran unopposed in the June 8 Republican primary.  Russell and Verchio defeated Kathleen Ann (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|South Dakota State House, District 30 (2010)|
|Mike Verchio (R)||7,439||44.10%|
|Lance Russell (R)||5,829||34.55%|
|Kathleen Ann (D)||3,601||21.35%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Russell received $6,595 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lance Russell's campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota Education Association||$500|
|South Dakota State Medical Association||$400|
|South Dakota Association Of Realtors||$400|
|Independent Community Bankers Of South Dakota||$300|
|Total Raised in 2010||$6,595|
In 2008, Russell collected $12,317 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|South Dakota Republican Party||$1,051|
|Hasan & Marlene Akhtar||$600|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lance + Russell + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Lance Russell
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State's official results of June 8 primary
- South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Lance Russell
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 30
| Succeeded by|