Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas House of Representatives District 79|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Larry Alley was a 2012 Republican candidate for District 79 of the Kansas House of Representatives. In 2010, he ran unsuccessfully as an Independent candidate for District 78 in the November 2nd election.
Alley has owned his own small business for 30 years.
Alley's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Taxes and Spending
- Excerpt:"I will fight overreaching and costly regulation that hurt small businesses. I believe in a smaller, smarter government and I will stand against tax increases that hurt small businesses and individuals."
- Excerpt:"I believe we should promote more vocational education in addition to math and sciences so that students are college or career ready."
- Excerpt:"I support concealed carry legislation and will oppose any attempt to take away your right to bear arms."
- Excerpt:"I will fight to end all public funding for abortion providers."
- Excerpt:"I do not believe that Kansas should offer any benefits or incentives to those that come to this nation illegally."
Alley ran in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 79. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by District 78 incumbent Ed Trimmer (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 79, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Larry Alley Incumbent||50.4%||4,234|
Alley and his wife Sondra have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Larry + Alley + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- OTR for Nov. 19, 2013 - Great Bend Tribune
- From the archives: Experts challenge building design, codes in Joplin's wake - Kansas City Star
- Interview with poet Michael McClure - San Francisco Chronicle
- JFK 50 years later: When Kennedy was assassinated ... - Rockford Register Star
- A once-in-generation talent, Andrew Wiggins has Kansas fans in frenzy - SI.com
- The secret, dirty cost of Obama's green power push - Kansas City Star
- One Offs Exhibit Opens in Ontario - Cashbox Magazine Canada
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "larryalley," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 16, 2012.
- ↑ C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012
- ↑ Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |