|Illinois State Senate District 50|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 12, 2013
Bomke attended Lincoln Land Community College. Before becoming a Senator, Bomke was an insurance agent and served on the Sangamon County Board of Commissioners.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bomke has been appointed to these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Financial Institutions Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Local Government Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Pensions and Investments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Subcommittee on Pension Enhancements, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Public Safety
- Transportation Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Bomke served on these committees:
- Appropriations II
- Financial Institutions
- Local Government
- Pensions and Investments
- Transportation Ranking Republican Member .
|Illinois State Senate, District 50 (2008)|
|Larry Bomke (R)||82,011|
|John Devine (D)||23,474|
In 2008, Bomke collected $330,747 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$17,049|
|AFSCME Illinois Council 31||$8,000|
|Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Illinois||$4,562|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$4,272|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$4,000|
|Capitol Care Center||$3,600|
|Electrical Workers Local 193||$3,470|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$2,700|
|H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug Co.||$2,350|
|Logan County Farm Bureau||$2,350|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$2,120|
|Illinois Optometric Association||$2,025|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$2,000|
|Norfolk Southern Corp||$2,000|
|Service Employees Illinois State Council||$2,000|
|Operating Engineers Local 965||$2,000|
|Brandt Consolidating Inc.||$1,971|
|Menard County Republican Central CMTE||$1,850|
Bomke represents Illinois Senate District 50. District 50 includes the Greater Springfield region where the State Capitol is located.
Larry is married to Sally Jo Bomke. They have two children and reside in Springfield, Illinois.
FY 2011 budget
When discussions of FY 2011's budget went under way, Bomke said it’s impossible to balance the state’s budget by ordering a few unpaid days for state workers. He thinks anything that Pat Quinn does will only be a temporary fix.
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Sen. Bomke on State Surge
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Bomke Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
- "Gov: Budget Details Soon" Illinois Statehouse News, June 28, 2010
|Illinois Senate District 50
| Succeeded by|