|U.S. House, Indiana, District 8|
|January 3, 2011-Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign|
|M.D.||University of Illinois|
|Service/branch||United States Navy Reserve|
|Years of service||1989-1998|
|Birthday||May 31, 1962|
|Place of birth||Taylorville, Illinois|
|Religion||Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod|
Bucshon was born on May 31, 1962 and raised in Kincaid, Illinois, in central Illinois. Bucshon attended the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and, upon receiving his bachelor’s degree, attended medical school at the University of Illinois, Chicago. Following medical school Bucshon completed a residency at the Medical College of Wisconsin, where he served as chief resident in surgery, and then remained there to complete a fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery. During this time he also enlisted with the United States Navy Reserve and served for almost a decade.
- 2011-Present: United States House of Representatives, Indiana's 8th congressional district
- 1989-1998: United States Navy Reserve
U.S. House of Representatives
Bucshon serves on the following committees:
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Subcommittee on Workforce Protections
- Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training
- Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- Subcommittee on Research and Science Education
- Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
- Subcommittee on Water Resources & Environment
Percentage voting with party
The website Open Congress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Larry Bucshon voted with the Republican Party 96 of the time, which ranked 11 among the 242 House Republican members in November 2011.
Bucshon is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Indiana's 8th District. Bucshon is seeking re-election on the Republican ticket. Candidates wishing to run were required to file by the signature filing deadline of February 24, 2012. The primary elections will be held on May 8, 2012.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Indiana's 8th Congressional District, 2010 - Larry Bucshon Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$762,359|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$762,359|
|Top contributors to Larry Bucshon's campaign committee|
|Republican Party of Indiana||$11,082|
|St Mary's Medical Center||$10,458|
|American International Group||$10,372|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Larry + Bucshon + Illinois + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
In 2011 redistricting, The Hill published a list of the Top Ten House Members who were helped by redistricting. Todd C. Young, representative from Indiana's 9th congressional district ranked 10th on the list. The article notes that in the redistricting process, controlled by Republicans, Young benefited from taking pockets of Republicans from Bucshon’s district next door in the 8th district and adding them into Young's 9th district, resulting in a vulnerable District 8.
Bucshon and his wife Kathryn reside in Warrick County with their four children.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Congressman Larry Bucshon "Full Biography" Accessed November 5, 2011
- ↑ Congressman Larry Bucshon "Committees and Caucuses" Accessed November 5, 2011
- ↑ Education & The Workforce Committee "Members, Subcommittees, & Jurisdictions"
- ↑ Committee on Science, Space, and Technology "Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight"
- ↑ Transportation and Infrastructure Committee "Members » Subcommittee on Water Resources & Environment"
- ↑ Open Congress "Voting With Party"
- ↑ The New York Times "House Freshmen Post Fund-Raising Numbers" Accessed December 16, 2011
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- ↑ Open Secrets "Larry Bucshon 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 5, 2011
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 The Hill "House members most helped by redistricting" Accessed April 17, 2012
|U.S. House of Representatives - Indiana, District 8
| Succeeded by|