|Arkansas House of Representatives District 2|
|2007 - January 10, 2013|
|Per diem||$136/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
|Profession||Farmer/Owner, Cowling Farm and Trucking|
Cowling owns his own business, Cowling Farm and Trucking.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cowling served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Review, Chair
- Joint Energy Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Arkansas House, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Complaints and Remediation
- Subcommittee on Income Taxes-Personal and Corporate
- Subcommittee on Sales, Use, Miscellaneous Taxes and Exemptions
- Subcommittee on House State Agencies and Reorganization
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cowling served on these committees:
- Legislative Printing Requirements and Specifications Committee, Arkansas Assembly (Chair)
- Public Transportation Committee, Arkansas House
- State Agencies and Governmental Affairs Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Motor Vehicle and Highways
- Subcommittee on State Agencies and Reorganization
Cowling's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1437 - "TO REQUIRE VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER VERIFICATION FOR ISSUANCE OF TITLE ON REPOSSESSED MOTOR VEHICLE."
- HB 1905 - "TO GRADUALLY REDUCE THE SALES AND USE TAX ON UTILITIES THAT ARE USED BY QUALIFYING AGRICULTURAL STRUCTURES AND QUALIFYING AGRICULTURE, HORTICULTURE, AND AQUACULTURE EQUIPMENT."
- HB 2166 - "TO EXEMPT THE PARTS AND LABOR FOR AGRICULTURAL EQUIPMENT FROM SALES AND USE TAX."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
- See also: Arkansas State Senate elections, 2012
|Arkansas State Senate District 11 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Cowling won re-election to the 2nd district seat in 2010. He faced no opposition.
Cowling raised $16,225 for his campaign.
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Larry Cowling's campaign in 2010|
|Arkansas Health Care Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$16,100|
Below are Cowling's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Health Care Assoc||$1,000|
|American Electric Power||$750|
|Southwestern Energy Co||$750|
|Friedkin Business Services||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Larry + Cowling + Arkansas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Representative Larry Cowling
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Larry Cowling on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Cowling
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Arkansas State Primary Election, May 22, 2012 ," accessed July 11, 2012
- Arkansas Matters, General election results
- 2008 general election results, Arkansas
- Arkansas House spending, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Arkansas House District 2
| Succeeded by|
Lane Jean (R)
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|