For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Maryland State Senate District 5|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
January 12, 2011
|Profession||Real Estate Broker/Appraiser|
Haines attended Frederick Community College. In addition to serving as a state senator, Haines is a real estate broker and appraiser. He is also a former dairy farmer. Haines is a member of the American Association of Certified Appraisers, the Carroll County Chamber of Commerce and the National Federation of Independent Businesses.
- Judicial Proceedings Committee
- Executive Nominations Committee
- Rules Committee
- Management of Public Funds
Haines did not run for re-election in 2010.
Haines raised $43,262 for his campaign.
|Maryland Senate, District 5|
|Larry Haines (R)||38,984||97.9%|
Below are Haines' top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Michael Steele for Maryland Cmte.||$2,000|
|SH Tevis & Son Inc.||$1,000|
|Marylander Motor Truck Association||$350|
|Maryland Retail Merchants Association||$100|
Haines was born in Woodbine, Maryland on April 11, 1938. He is married and has four sons.
Haines, who spent 20 years in office, decided not to seek re-election in 2010. He said he promised his family that he would not become "a career politician" when he first sought office, and plans to spend more time with his family and his business. 
State capital office: James Senate Office Building, Room 316 11 Bladen St., Annapolis, MD 21401 Phone: 410-841-3683
District office: Village Shopping Center, Route 140, Westminster, MD 21157 Phone: 410-876-4530 E-Mail: email@example.com
- Official Maryland State Senate website
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Maryland Senate,"Larry Haines," retrieved October 21, 2009
- Maryland State Senate official election results for 2006
- Follow the Money's report on Haines' 2006 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money,"Larry Haines 2008," retrieved October 21, 2009
- MarylandReporter.com - "Leaving the Legislature: Larry Haines"
|Maryland Senate District 5
| Succeeded by|